Lynn Whipple, who has super fun energy, charts the steps of the creative process in what she calls The Arc of Making Something.
1) Move your hands
2) Follow your hands and your ideas take over. You start to have fun.
3) Oh no...it gets messy!!!
4) Relax! Re-energize...do stuff. While you do your brain is still working on what you set aside.
5) Come back to it with renewed enthusiasm.
5.5) Get POSITIVE feedback. [Go to a reliable positive feedback person.]
6) Finish what you start. Go back, simplify, edit.
6.5) SHARE it.
7) Repeat prior steps over and over again.
8) Mr. Deadline makes us finish! [He's kind of a jerk, but he gets the job done.]
Now go make something! And have some nice tea when it gets messy!